Monday, May 26, 2008

The King Family Angler's



Sea Cucumber















We rented a skiff since they are having a special. $25 a day including gas! We loaded up the gear and gave the kids their first true solo hook-ups. They had a blast and we enjoyed watching them. We caught and released 19 rockfish. I even caught a sea cucumber off of the bottom. Malia was pretty upset that I threw it back before she could feel it. She has played with one before at a school beach outing last week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Fun!! The fish is so scary looking, what kind is it?. You kids look like you had fun. Love, grandma King

Aaron said...

All rock fish. Except the skinny one with the large pectoral fins is called a scorpion fish. You just have to handle rock fish carefully as they have many sharp spines. They are excellent for eating but we still have fish in the freezer and they are not easy to fillet.

Tim and Shay said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I've never seen those fish before. What are they???

Tim and Shay said...

Nevermind I just red your answer to Kathy's comment. Those are cool fish.

Emily Adams Voisin said...

Those are such fantastic photos! And I've never seen fish like that - beautiful! looks like you guys are having a blast up there in the Alaskan air.